Thursday, September 9, 2010

Changing Seasons

Now is the time for us to begin noticing the changes in the weather. When we wake up in the morning, we sometimes find the air a bit lighter, or perhaps a satisfying breeze. The colors just barely change color, but it does not go unnoticed. The blue in the sky changes shades, the sunsets more golden, and cool looking shadows appear while the sun goes down. I do not necessarily have a favorite season; I think what I like best is the seasons changing from one to the other. It is true that Florida's seasons are mostly hot and humid, but the days that start to cool, or when the days grow warmer, we Floridians know and take advantage of it. One may go out on such days, and notice that everyone seems happier, or as if they don't mind letting you go ahead of them even if they are in a hurry. I by no means wish for any other season to come quicker than it is, I am merely watching and observing them as they pass by.


Labor day is the holiday that rather signifies the last day of summer. It doesn't mean at all that it will all of a sudden be autumn weather, but that after this holiday, people remember their duties and children begin again for school. The daily responsibilities are remembered, and everyone relearns how to get back into their routine. The following are some pictures of us having some(kind of) end of summer fun.










This is Katherine's birthday cake that I (very smartly) took a picture of before it melted from transportation and getting hot. ("...where are those brownies Hannah made?...")





(I love Aunt Jackie's face in this one!)




"Joseph, hurry! Get the noodle!"
"Eeeeewwwwwwww! Yuck!"

The barrel was a hit.









How we spent Labor day...



We usually like to watch, criticize, and laugh at others trying to wake board, water ski, etc.


Woohoo! Go Joanna!








Are we in the way of your pictures? (while popping the foot out, putting the hand behind the head and posing...)

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures! I think the one taken from under the hat was very creative. That one is one of my favorites. I also like Mom and Dad's silhouette. Fun times.

    I agree with your view on the seasons. I think overall spring is my favorite, but at the same time I'm always ready for the change when it gets here. I think most people probably are. I like to ponder the significance of changing seasons. :)

    ReplyDelete