
At 2:00 a.m. last night, we all got up to see an almost full lunar eclipse. This one was special because this was the first time since the 1600's that it has fallen on the first day of Winter Solstice. And as Joseph informed me, we probably won't have another one on that night until about 2094 or so.
I tried as best I could to get a picture that wasn't blurry, but my very small moon-picture-taking skills seem to have gotten rusty. It was hard without a tripod looking for a place to put my camera for a 15 second shot that wouldn't move. (right) I went from Dad's back, to the playhouse roof, and eventually to the swing set.
I tried as best I could to get a picture that wasn't blurry, but my very small moon-picture-taking skills seem to have gotten rusty. It was hard without a tripod looking for a place to put my camera for a 15 second shot that wouldn't move. (right) I went from Dad's back, to the playhouse roof, and eventually to the swing set.
This one is blurry, but I tried getting the stars in it. You can kind of see Orion's belt on the lower left corner.
.
"What? The moon? The stars? The chimney? Go down the chimney? Good work, Topper!"
'smack!'
ReplyDeleteWhat a relief! I missed out on the eclipse (slept right through it without any knowledge of what I was missing - can you believe that?!) and thought I'd have to wait til 2094 to watch the next one like it. However, now I can say I've seen it, thanks to you! You made me laugh with your rusty moon skills and when I pictured you using all those props (Dad so kindly obliging). I like the pictures.
ReplyDeleteYour post sounds rather like a Dad comment. :) We had thought about staying up, but then figured out that the peak was at 2:17 in the morning. "Hmmm...that bed sounds nice!"
ReplyDelete"I'll throw a lasso around it, and pull it down to ya."
ReplyDelete"I'll take it".
ReplyDeleteAwww, we just watched that. :)
''A man isn't always in this kind of situation.''
ReplyDelete