I wandr'd lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
Last year, Hannah opened my eyes to the world of daffodils and bulbs. We would walk through her neighborhood where she would point out the best of ones, and she would show me hers.
Meaning of the daffodil: regard, rebirth, new beginnings, unrequited love, you're the only one, chivalry, eternal life. :)
Ah, one of my favorite poems.
ReplyDeleteI always thought Daffodils were so cute and happy in the pictures. This year was the first time I ever saw them in person and I fell in love with them instantly. Funny how such little things give us so much delight and fill us with so much pleasure...
LOVE.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason, the inside pic of the daffodils outside may be my favorite picture. It's so different and cool. I am so happy you have gotten into bulbs. Yours turned out BEAUTIFUL and you're pictures beautiful as well. Keep up the good work!
I love the pictures!And that is one of my favorite poems as well. :)
ReplyDeleteA very good poem + very good pictures + symbolisms revealed = (a very good blog post/inner happiness)^2.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! :) I think I shall be very sad when they are all gone, but I will remember what Wordsworth said in his lovely poem: "In vacant or pensive mood, they flashed upon that inward eye..."
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say? I had to throw the meaning in there! *sniffs the air*
*sniffs, turns head, twitches.*
ReplyDelete