Monday, May 2, 2011

A trip to Oklahoma

We rented a van, packed it full of luggage, food, and Sheldon and Gregory, and off we went to Oklahoma for my brother Ben's graduation from Army National Guard training.

It is the longest trip I have taken, with traveling two days one way. It was much different being out west with the open plains. It was very exciting, but for some reason on this trip, I had the thought in my head, "What if my family and I were to have to move somewhere away from home?" It made me think of my home and all that is here (that doesn't mean that I didn't want to visit over there! :), and it actually made me sad thinking of moving somewhere else, such as Texas or Oklahoma. But, as my dear Hannah said, "It makes you appreciate where you live more." It definitely did! I knew I loved my little Pensacola and the water, but I really know now!

Ben is now in San Antonio doing medic schooling and will be there for about 16 weeks, so it was so very nice to see him for the short time that we had him.

Here are some pictures from our little adventure:

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I love the pictures!! And the prarie dogs are soooo cute! I can't wait to see you guys and hear more about your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, so I commented on a LOT of pictures. But it's like looking at your trip with you and ... well, I wanted to! Thanks so much for sharing so promptly! I've been waiting and hoping to see more of it and you did a good job. I want to get all teary-eyed looking at the pics. So glad you're all home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! And, Hannah, don't EVER worry about doing too much! I was looking forward to each one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the pictures, Sarah! I was going to start commenting, but I didn't sign in...and well...I should go start my chicken before it's too late! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Amie! :)
    Hope your chicken turns out!

    ReplyDelete