Monday, October 31, 2011

A bit o' fun with my new G12















I have finally gotten my Canon G12! I don't feel I can do it justice, but I hope that maybe, with a bit of practice, I can change that.

I wanted to upgrade on my picture taking even though my pictures come in spurts at times, but don't take quite enough for me to get an SLR (I guess in my opinion...). One thing that I was wanting though, was a camera with more Manual setting variety. I am very pleased with how the G12 seems to be made for that seeing that the different settings (shutter speed, aperature, ISO, etc.) are at my fingertips on different knobs. I am trying to learn with the Manual setting, even though it does mean that my pictures are still wanting to lack in color and lighting at times, but I hope to be able to use it more! Doesn't mean I don't like using auto settings. ;) (And using auto settings shouldn't make anyone feel like they are cheating!)

I tried to play with it some this past weekend. I will say that I just put most of them on there and didn't section them off into different days or anything, so it is just the weekend!
*Note: Pretty much ALL of these pictures have gone through a bit of photoshop, but only in lighting and shadows. I am not quite that full of awesomeness...

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Our family was down at the farmers' market on Saturday too! It was pretty cold, though, so we didn't stay awfully long. Perused the art displays, bought some candied almonds, said HI to those folks selling honey and stuff (they used to be our neighbors), stopped by the Millers' table, then shivered our way to the car and took off for a meal out together. All in all, it was ONE OF THE BEST SATURDAYS IN A LONG TIME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a great camera to learn on. I am so excited for you! That camera has been on my mind for maybe the last three years. It's finally in the family!
    And, you'd have to be a very experienced photographer to get your photos perfect in-camera, so tampering with the lighting is probably pretty common!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your camera! I bet you'll have lots of picture-taking fun with it!

    ReplyDelete