Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Final Body of Work

(I like this guy's photo-bomb)
 
As is the case with most any class ever taken in the history of the taking-classes era, there is a final; and not only are there finals in math, history, and biology, but in photography as well. I had a final such as this. For our final assignment that required six perfect 11x14 self-matted photographs that ended up taking me around seven rolls of film to shoot, we were asked to pick a subject that interested us and was something we wished to learn more of in general, and convey it in a theme through our final photographs. Now I am actually rather interested in the care of the body, and have found myself sitting and observing certain bones, muscles, and even veins just because I find it interesting; so with that in mind, I decided to attempt the capturing what I tried to convey as observations of the function and form of the body. I didn't want to merely exploit random areas of the body, but rather take a route more like Da Vinci did with his sketches of his observations of the body. This set of photographs was rather difficult to complete and has given me some interesting reactions from people, but I was rather pleased with the outcome and very excited that my teacher showcased our final pictures in The Leisure Club for Gallery Night.
 
These pictures can really only be truly appreciated when looking at the final 11x14s, but for now you may enjoy these somewhat poor scans of my incomplete 5x7s to suffice. I would also like to thank all of my obliging models who had to bear through this tough assignment with me! It helped being able to grab random siblings and a Publix dude when I really needed it. This is My Final Body of Work.  

1 comment:

  1. *Applause*
    I am sure you are very glad to have this class and all its work behind you. I know you learned a lot and I enjoyed keeping up with your progress! How sweet you got your photos show-cased. I wish I could have seen them in person but am glad to at least see them posted here. I must see the matted versions in person.

    Good job! Choooo!!

    ReplyDelete