One warm, sunny, summery Saturday morning, I was at the farmer's market and came across a newer stand that I had never seen before that was selling heirloom tomatoes. After looking around and asking these hippie farmers some questions, I learned that these whimsical looking tomatoes were not only heirloom, but also grown from seed in the outdoors with no chemicals used whatsoever. In the area we live in, this means hard work and from what they said, hand-picking pests. As expensive as they were, I decided to get a few for us to try!
Now I'm sure all two of you Bon Appetit subscribers noticed the heirloom tomato section from the last issue with pictures that looked perhaps slightly similar to mine? I will note that I took these pictures before getting the issue, thus being a step ahead of the game! But enough of those rambles.


Pray tell...how was the flavor of those warm sunny summery succulant seasonal tomatoes and the additions to it ? :) It looks worthy !
ReplyDeleteThey were so very flavorful! Almost not what I would expect when biting into a green tomato. Keeping the additions simple made for a tasty combination! :)
DeleteI will tell: they were delicious!
DeleteLOVE LOVE
ReplyDeleteI laughed at the "two BA subscribers"...
And, I LOVE that I have this photo gracing "my kitchen wa-all."
Keep up the awesome food photos!!
ReplyDeleteThen "To market To market" to buy an good Toe-Mah-Toe ...and add a little feta with bruschetta this weekend :)
ReplyDeleteLovely lovely! I hope it's delectable.
DeleteNow I'll have that song stuck in my head..."home again, home again, jiggedy-jig."