Wednesday, December 11, 2013

a camping trip



(Diana on left, Joanna on right)
My sister Diana made a request for her 17th birthday to go on a camping trip with Joanna and me over at Ft. Pickens this fall. While it would be her first "official" camping trip that did not consist of someone's backyard, it would also be our first camping trip by ourselves, which I was only happy to help fund and make possible!

We took the good ol' traditional route by roasting hot dogs and s'mores for dinner, sought out wood, pine cones, and anything fire-worthy in the dangerous sand spur territory, had walks on the beach that included an incredible sunset, and even had the evening topped off with Veteran's Day fireworks over the bay. Sheldon was also in the mix, and played campfire music with us. It was a nice time to just get away for awhile, take a break, and enjoy adventuring in the outdoors!  


The next morning we took the trail to the fort and made sure to stop for critters and baby pine cones. 
It was a splendid trip for us, and I was only too happy to help it happen. I'd like to give a special thanks to my knife, headlamp, and past experience with Hannah and Neil to make it all even more possible!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, the film pictures turned out to be so lovely (no surprise to me)! Thank you for making my first official camping trip such a fun and enjoyable experience that will be remembered! I guess I kinda like ya' a lot and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! You are a funny one and I like your writing. You and Bilbo Baggins would have an interesting conversation. I'd like to hear it.

    Love the pictures again. Why am I so late with this post??
    The lighting of the fort and Diana is quite soft and lovely, the cat-whatchamacallits are really cool, and the darks are neat. All done with film!

    This makes me want to camp even more now. I'm so glad you girls pulled it off and that we could have helped! You can return the favor any ol' time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks (and you're welcome) to everyone! Playful sorts of Hobbit writing is more fun than average-person writing, so I suppose that is why I like Tolkien's so much! And I shall always be up for camping. ;)

    ReplyDelete