There is something about the twilight, be it the morning or evening; it is that unique time between the sun being just below the horizon and darkness taking dominance. It is darker because of the absence of Mr. Sun, but his rays are still quietly present, and it is when we get a sort of celestial transition with blue skies and the visibility of the stars and planets. We humans even subconsciously transition from our "night mode" and "day mode." It is a rather peaceful time, unless of course you are an early bird that must tweet the sunrise very loudly outside someone's bedroom window or, in my case, use the blender.
October skies are also a joy to see every year. I think this year I have noticed that one reason those beautiful skies are even more gorgeous this time of year is because the light lingers longer either before the sun rises in the morning, or sets in the evening, causing even more color from the sun's rays. These pictures I got at the beach are a prime example. Some of my peeps and I went moon (literally) chasing, and along with a beautiful moonrise that I did not justly capture, the western horizon remained lit with color for a considerably long time, even with the presence of stars and the moon. And as is well known, I so love the water, and the reflections are particularly lovely with the lingering lit backdrop. Catching this evening was even better with a few tag-alongs.
Ocean, stars, AND sunset - some of my favorites in one picture?? Score.
Ha! Blender.
ReplyDeleteThese are so beautiful. I love the darkness in them and how it offsets the beautiful colors. I enjoyed our conversation the other night and our shared sunset-viewing.
Nicely done. Maybe next time you can use the telephoto!
Well thanks for letting me use the camera (again) till I get possession of my own!
DeleteI read the first paragraph with the voice of the narrator on The Twilight Zone. "It is that unique time between the sun being just below the horizon and..." You should try it; it's really cool. :)
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures! And thanks for letting me come along.
Whoa...it works.
DeleteWhy...thank you, Ruthie! Glad you could tag along.
Is that a Ruth head or a Heidi head?
ReplyDeleteThat would be a Heidi head! I can see the confusion though, your heads look similar!
DeleteHah! I would have gone with a Ruth head. You'd think I know my own! 0_o
Delete