Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hey, I did it!

My project for the upcoming fall and winter is learning more about making soups and stews. One thing I have wanted to try to make is chicken and dumplings. It seemed appropriate to learn seeing that it is a Southern favorite, and I like it so much. So last night I finally tried my hand at it (thanks Mrs. Debra!!). I did cheat and made frozen, but I did that for starters at least to get a good idea of dumplings before I actually made them from scratch.

The weather has been cooling off some over in Pensacola to where it still is warm but there is a coolness in the air and wind that is rather chilly in the shade. I have been enjoying it, but it makes me sad to think that after that it is almost winter. I think I am a bit of an amphibian, but at least we don't have blizzards and such down here. Today is a very loverly day and it feels nice to sit in the sun. Maybe that's where I'll go...

3 comments:

  1. And it was a VERY good bowl of dumplins, if I do say so myself! Now I must make some because I am in the mood for more. I'll let you do all the hard research and then I'll just make all the soups that turn out really well for you. Ha, I tease of course. Sort of.

    Yes, it is the perfect day to be outside...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind sharing my research with you. We need to do pumpkin soon! I'll bring the candy corn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say "candy corn" like it's an essential ingredient for pumpkin puree! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete