For Thanksgiving this year we switched it up a bit, we had dinner with the family at Hannah and Neil's. It was their first time hosting something as big as Thanksgiving at their house, and they did a splendid job doing it. Hannah has a post about it here.
Thanksgiving has always been a special holiday for the family, and a favorite to Father Bear. Years ago, on the night before Thanksgiving, all of the kids would sleep in the living room to get front row seats for the Macy's Parade the next morning. Even though we haven't done it in awhile we still enjoy watching it, and this year we even had Holden over and we were eating Honey Nut Cheerios while the Rockets would kick their legs, and Al would happily walk around interviewing people.
Even though we did not have our dear Father Bear home for Thanksgiving, we still had a good time with yummy food. All of the Butler's made it from Mobile, Mr. Steve and Mama "P" came for awhile, and Holden came over for games. (We had a very heated game of Taboo that got everyone hopping. Sadly my team, The Losers-named by Holden, my team's opposer- lost :)
I always enjoy these holidays because they bring our family together to have fellowship, eat lots of food, and just be together which is what we love.
Refresh, refresh, refre--Oh! Why lookie here! A new post!! I love it. I always enjoy seeing the same event from our different points-of-view. Very fun and I like your writing and pictures!
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at the "front row seats" and your dumb Taboo team name. Thanks, Holden. Yours evolved though. First it was Blue Wave Riders or something crazy, then Flaming Tree...or maybe that was ours. We're weird.
No, we are awesome! :D I rather liked the parade bit myself. :)
ReplyDelete