Monday, February 27, 2012

A whim in the night.




















Last Thursday, we stopped by Sacred Heart to see some family on the way home from being out. It was dark and windy, and seemed like a rain was threatening. Perfect time to get home to make our yummy dinner and put on some PJ's after a full day, no? Actually, I must confess I was quite tempted to ask if I could walk\run home, despite the fact that it was dark and I had just played a bunch of battle-ball. I didn't do it, of course, but I was reminded of how appealing being out at dark can be to me. When everything seems to be going to sleep, and the weather is keeping on, blowing the trees hither and thither in the street lamps. Being out at dark can seem strange or even a bit scary, but in this mind-set it was rather peaceful.
















I didn't even take Dakota on a walk as I had even considered when I came home, but ended up just sitting on the porch a few minutes, and then getting my camera to take these pictures while in my pajamas and having people coming out, "Sarah, what are you doing?" Just another whim.

8 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty...and dark...but pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get back inside, girl. Late night ain't no place for a lady! *Abuses!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, shucks...Paw actually called me a lady... ;D

    Thanks, Meredith! I am trying to exercise awesomeness with my camera skills. Yeeeah.....

    And, uh, Foof, it was cloudy out. You know, no stars? Heheh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I haven't attempted many night shots and am sure they are quite challenging. The top one has cool lighting and I like how you did the shutter in the bottom.

    Hey, I think I know this night! I think you knew psychically that I was drinking tea on my porch watching the storm. We were doing it together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Twas not the same night, my dear, but much like it I dare say. Maybe YOU psychically knew and were copying ME! Or, maybe we are both just awesome and like drinking tea while watching the weather at the same time like old fogies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer munching m&ms and watching the weather like an old fogie! :)

      Delete