Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lunch on the bay.




















Throughout the week, my days can be filled with school, work, running to the grocery store, etc., and I don't think about it much because I do not mind, but there is a time that I have grown to look forward to more than I used to, and that is my lunch break. I look forward to it when I work, but I think it has been gradually been growing to be the time I look forward to during the week as well.












(Yes, Howard is always my lunch bud.)


Lunch break used to be a not-so-big-of-a-deal thing when I began work at the office, just a little break in between to air out my head, feel the sun if it were out, and, of course, eat some food. But over time, when my free-spirited-likes-to-move-about-and-be-outside self continued working and doing school in the office, I was finishing my days at work tired. Not so much physically tired, but brain tired, and it tried to threaten a cloud over my head.




















That was when the lunch break presented itself in a different light. With some advice from a person who is much like myself and knows my position (yes, you! ;), I was told to take advantage of the lunch breaks to "keep my sanity." I was reminded of the many parks in the area; one of which is Bayview.
















I went to another park a couple of times, but I was most drawn to Bayview. I love being near the water, and just looking at the water gives me excitement. When it is sunny, I love seeing the water sparkle and perhaps going for a swim, but though I very much love sunshine, one of the places I love to watch weather come in is on the water. Actually, when weather is looking like it will be threatening, I want to go to the water; almost as much as when it is sunny.











(I was really trying to get my reflection.)




Along with my love of the water, I absolutely love picnics. I don't make much to-do when I am just there eating lunch, but I still consider eating under a tree a nice little picnic. I get to do that here too. But the wonderful thing about a picnic, is that it is can be more than just eating (or even visiting if you are with someone); it gives me the opportunity to watch everything around me. The water, the people, all of the different birds flying about that sound like they are talking to each other; just the world about me. It can be quite exhilarating.
















When I am out there on a day like this, it is usually more quiet out. There are still the other people that look like they are on lunch break sitting in their cars, but not as many picnic-ers and people running or walking with their animals or children. This is another reason why I enjoy being out there on a weather-y sort of day.
















Though it is quite nice on lunch break, I have to remind myself that I can't be out there all day, and I must go back to the office. True, a bit of a bummer, but it makes me look forward to it even more the next time! This is just a little something I do every week, but I look forward to it every time.

5 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I think it may have been quite a challenge to catch your reflection in that murky water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could probably be at Bayview for a lloonngg time without caring. :) I love it there!
    I could kind of see your reflection... a leetle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are several things I like about this post: first, that you posted it. Second, that you have taken advice so well and are benefiting from such a lovely choice of outing. Third, for the nice photographs. Fourth, to see your friend again. Fifth, for the reflective quality of your writing and that you are already trying to balance life. (How important that is.) I suppose I shall stop there, but I too love to watch weather while being close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I have always loved that park and the fact that it is on the water most especially. I am glad that you are able to have that time each week and in such a pretty area too! :) If only we could have such lunches at co-op...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys! It had been a little while since I had a sort of "photograph project," so it was nice. It is a very nice place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete