Monday, June 25, 2012

A jolly story of the summer.


Once upon a time, when the days had grown long and warm, there was a girl who lived on a peninsula. This girl loved the warm days, and was always glad to have the extra daylight to enjoy whatever it was she decided to do on these sorts of days. Whenever she had the thought to, she would try capturing some of the little things she did with her camera, even if it was not always very consistent. But she enjoyed catching moments and her summer surroundings until she then decided to make a very small story with them to share with a few special people.

One of the things she loved to do in the warm afternoons was to swing gently on her family's "new" hammock while reading. It was a quaint little spot that worked out for being outside while being shaded under a few lovely trees, which she was most happy to oblige to.  

The girl and one of her sisters liked the thought of learning to grow some food and flowers, even if the harvest was small. The spring began with good intentions in their lovely little garden, and they even managed to make it a quaint little plot, but the cares of life and neglection of the little garden over time made it lose most of its order and for the weeds to nearly take over. But all was not lost seeing that a few faithful flowers bloomed, and the girls shared in their first successful year of tomatoes.

One of the things the girl absolutely loved was being near the water; and to make a trip to the beach was always a pleasure. But alas, it was a season for storms at this girl's home. Did that ruin her thoughts of the sand and ocean? Pish-posh! It just so happened that this girl (and practically the rest of her family as well) loved all of the weather on the beach, even if it was threatening to storm. The beach was probably one of her favorite places to watch the weather.

Some of her silly siblings.
(typical)

A large family this girl has, and even larger it was getting! Often times, the girl and her siblings would watch the new additions as any good aunties and uncles would do. This is what resulted one warm afternoon when two aunties did that such thing.

Another thing the girl enjoyed doing was learning and making all sorts of things in the kitchen. This she did, and enjoyed having fun being creative with it.
{Puff pastry dough recipe from River Cottage Everyday, and Leftover Turkey (chicken) Pot Pie by Pioneer Woman}

The girl and her family always love being near the water.
The girl also loves all of the faces she gets from her sisters.

Such is only a bit of the things she likes to do on these warm long days. She loves doing and learning all sorts of things, and doing all of these sorts of things with her family is usually a happy thing. There is no ending to be found on this post because the girl had not completed one. She still looks for adventures on these summer days, and would hardly even think of making one unless it was on the lines of and she lived happily ever after.  

12 comments:

  1. Aw! That is very sweet! I love the pictures, and how you made it into a story about you... :) And I am absolutely sertain that "the girl" will live happily ever after... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksh, Sarah! I am hoping that will be her ending, and I'm sure that she will make it that no matter. :)

      Delete
  2. Ah! Such a jolly story! Perfect summer reading. I don't feel so bad about my lack of it now. And it's just in the style I'm in the mood for.

    What nice pictures. First, the cozy spots are quite my vibe. Second, I don't know how the three of you became exactly the same color. Third, the night shots are so enchanting. You are getting quite good at capturing the moon, I dare say. I mean, "the girl" is.

    I love adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just kind of felt like writing a story, so that's what I did! I'm glad you liked it, my friend. ;D

      Delete
  3. Okay, I am absolutely in LOVE with this post!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not trying to get you to consider becoming a Capitalist, but maybe you might consider quasi----semi---or a little bit. Love the pics and the am curious how the pot pie tasted :) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll answer that for you! The pot pies were magnificent, and would have probably been even better had we let them cool a little bit longer. But we were too hungry, and they were just too good!

      Delete
    2. Hello Miss Joanna! Thank you for the review. I will have to request the recipe from her! I hope all is well with you !?

      Delete
    3. All is swell mister! I do believe we need to catch up some time in the near future, how 'bout that? :)
      Oh, and nice post by the way, Sarah. I guess you um..took some pretty good pictures, er something.

      Delete
    4. I guess I should thank you then, Joanna...or something.
      Thank you, Uncle Roger! I might have to make you an octo-pie for you to try for yourself sometime! :)

      Delete
  5. Joanna,
    It would be wonderful to catch up. I hope to. I have been reading your blog as well and do enjoy your insights.
    Sara...bring it !! :) and you are so welcome !~

    ReplyDelete