Friday, July 6, 2012

A few thoughts with a cup of tea.



For any that know me, or even just look at my blog, you have probably noticed how rather often a cup of tea will make it into my posts. Yes, it is a rather frequent occurrence. Well I suppose the reason for that is because I like drinking tea! This makes sense, no? I like coffee as well, and drink it on occasion (most especially on a lovely visit at my sister's house), but I have been a drinker of tea for a long while.

When I was younger, I would enjoy using one of Mom's teacups for some tea while we would play with the many dresses and things out of the "dress-up clothes." It may have partly been an excuse to get a generous helping of sugar, but I would drink some nonetheless, and peppermint/spearmint was long time favorite. I did go through a stage of not drinking it so much later on, but our house usually has a compilation of teas in the pantry so that I picked drinking it on a more regular basis back up later on.
  


Whether it be for health benefits, a pairing with a smackeral, or even just to have something warm and cuddly in the day, I enjoy sitting a bit with some tea. It can be relaxing, allow me to stop and think, even about silly musings or nothing at all, and can even be a helpful tool when I get attacked by the munchies between meals.



Tea: a lovely thing.

2 comments:

  1. It is a lovely thing! ...especially when you drink it with a bunch of lovely girls, while taking turns reading a book like "Love Comes Softly".....ahhh...the good old days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's there not to like about tea? Or the lovely lighting from your front porch? I feel your vibes... Not only is tea itself a pleasant thing, but I feel it is very important to take a breather during a day to reflect and rest and maybe enjoy holding a really cute mug.
    xo

    ReplyDelete