Down the road, on a quaint little plot of a corner of the neighborhood that has a monkey bar-lacking park, grew little yellow flowers that would smile and say hello when they had not been trimmed from the lawn mowers to any passer-by. Joanna and I thought these happy little flowers to be the perfect setting for a sunset photo shoot, especially seeing I lack portrait-taking experience and was ready to try.
But alas! I made a most amateur-photographer mistake of not taking an extra battery for my camera. Thus, when my camera went dead: no extra life support. I got a couple of shots, but not of the ones I had had planned for weeks. So even though I managed to drag a lovely sister out to a lovely setting with lovely lighting, I ended up with only a couple of somewhat-lovely pictures. And here they are.
We cannot forget her lovely little bow!
*bloop!* She was not serious in this shot, but I liked it anyways.
But my advice? Never accept a date from a flying monkey unless he offers a banana with peanut butter. Oh yeah, and always remember an extra camera battery.





Strange advice...
ReplyDeleteI totally agree Ruth...comes from lack of daily "multi-battery" intake :)
ReplyDeleteAhar har har.
DeleteOh, looky here! The photo-shoot, finally; and while the yellow blossoms are still around. How lovely. And what funny advice. Don't you just love when you find yourself in a predicament that you should have known better than to get into? Always have a spare battery...we know this and yet still don't remember.
ReplyDeleteI think portrait-photography would be fun to dapple in, and it's a lot different from things you can pose yourself. Getting a good snap of someone's fast expression is tricky business. Good job in trying it out! Looks like y'all had fun, and I like the last picture too. :)
Well thanks, love! I was going to try to get more "portrait-ey," but we all know how that ended. I did use the Polaroid for back-up though! Not too bad of an outcome for that bit.
ReplyDeleteOooo! I would have to say that I do belive these could be my favorites!! :D I love the sun, and the flowers, and Joanna's cute outfit, and....well...you get the idea... ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd btw, if you would like to practice more "portrait-ey" pictures: mom wants me to get my senior pictures done soon.... :D
"Hmm-mmm..." (<that's my Kermit impersonation) That does sound rather intriguing! I am totally not good at it, but am willing to try! :D
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I just thought of the song "Beautiful Girl" from Singing in the Rain... ;)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, ladies!!! :D
Aww, you're sweet. Thank ya! :D
Delete