Sunday, May 5, 2013

Holga Goes to the Beach

During my semester as a photo student, I was fortunate enough to have my teacher lend me his Holga camera to try out. It was literally like playing with a toy seeing it was a little plastic box camera and all I had to do was point and shoot (a bit of a relief from all of the other pictures I had been taking!). After taking my first roll of film to the camera shop and having the lady apologetically giving me my envelope of pictures saying there was no charge because they were all fogged, I later opened my envelope to find that these "fogged" pictures were just the ones my teacher and I would have expected: you know, the ones look like they came from the 70's that there is probably a picture filter for on everyone's iPhones, etc. I guess fogged is the latest trend!

But without further ado, here is the first roll I shot on a couple of beach trips! I'm not sure that my second roll will have any turn out, but here are these at least for now.
(My beloved beach chair)
 

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha! That is so true: people put trendy filters on their photos now to make it look like a broken Holga. Now isn't that pure irony. So you have the real deal here, my friend. ;-) Aren't they fun, too? I thought the camera looked like a fun toy to play with and I'm glad you were able to. Thanks for sharing them on here for us all to see!

    ReplyDelete