Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More on my wish-list:

I have always wanted to go out on a sailboat, just be on the water. This past weekend, we had the opportunity to see a sailboat that was docked temporarily at Palafox Pier that offered to let people go on it and look for free. We got to talk with the (possibly) captain(?) and some of his kids, and brought home a paper about what they do and why they do certain things on and with the ship that is very interesting. Of course we decided to go see it on a very cold and cloudy day, hoping to beat the rain. We did end up getting sprinkled on that ended up turning into little ice pellets. (ouch!) It was a nice little outing though, despite the elements.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, now just imagine much worse weather while sailing! :) I wish we could have taken you on one of our dilapidated sailboats back when we had them. I suppose we didn't want to endanger anyone else's life! I enjoyed the Peacemaker as well, only I have night shots.

    ReplyDelete